What is a contractor?

Contractors or vendors are individuals who will need access to Washington University buildings while employed for an outside company such as WFF, Bon Appetit, etc. In order to receive a valid contractor ID card, each contractor will need a signed Contractor-Vendor ID Card Request form from a University Sponsor.

About Card Access

The card access required by the individual contractor should be filled out on the Contractor-Vendor ID Card Request form. Once this is complete, a CCS associate will send this request to the Office of Card Access & Electronic Security to be added.

For further inquiries regarding card access, please contact Card Access & Electronic Security directly. The Campus Card Services cannot add, remove, or alter access without approval from Card Access.

Many contractor require access to Standalone locks and will need to be encoded in-person.

  • For both encoding to standalone locks on the Danforth Campus, contractors should go to Campus Card Services office during business hours.
  • For encoding to Residential Life buildings, doors, and facilities on the South 40, Village, North Apartments, etc, contractors should visit one of ResLife’s open offices:
    • ResLife office on the South 40 is located in Zetcher House
    • ResLife office in the Village is located in the Village House

New Contractors that will require encoding need to email their Contractor-Vendor ID Card Request form ahead of time to Campus Card Services. Emailing ahead of time allows your request to be sent and processed by Card Access. If this is following, you’ll be able to receive your ID card WITH encoding together, saving you a future trip.

Fill out, print out, and sign!

An active ID Card cannot be granted to a contractor unless this form is correctly filled out, signed by the individual, and signed by a University Sponsor.

Visit Campus Card Services

  • Bring a filled out Contractor-Vendor ID Card Request form with signature from a University Sponsor.
  • Bring a valid government photo ID card
  • Campus Card Services should be able to print your card and give it to you in less than 5 minutes, wait time subject to demand.
  • Once you receive your card, it will take approx. 10-20 minutes from Card Access & Electronic Security to add your electronic access.