Campus Card Services is currently operating under alternative hours.
During the following hours, the Women’s Building will be unlocked and anyone may come in to have a card made. Masks are required for entry into our office.
Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
If you need your first ID card made, please send a jpeg headshot and your student ID number to email@example.com to have your ID card made.
- Color photo
- Full face or front view
- Plain white or off-white background
- Image from top of head to top of shoulders
- Cardholder must be the only person in the picture
- All hats or headgear should be removed for the photo except hats or head coverings worn for religious purposes
- No item or attire should cover or otherwise obscure any part of the face or cast a shadow on the face
- There should be no reflections from the eyeglasses that obscure the eyes
- Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless needed for medical reasons
- Photos must not be retouched to alter the cardholder’s appearance in any way
Due to COVID-19, Campus Card Services is not currently offering in-person fingerprint background checks.
The WashU ID card is your gateway to life at Washington University. Your official photo ID provides access to office buildings, Sumers Recreation Center, residence halls, libraries, and more.
It stores your meal points and Bear Bucks and can be used at all on-campus dining facilities, campus bookstores, vending and laundry machines, for printing, and at over fifty off-campus businesses.
Access to buildings or labs for students and staff needs to be requested by a department representative or advisor by email to Card Access.
Load. Swipe. Enjoy!
Bear Bucks can be used in various ways on and off campus, including for laundry, printing, vending, and dining.
Need to add more Bear Bucks? Use GET Funds to deposit money into a Bear Bucks account.
Campus Card Services at a Glance
Faculty & Staff ID Cards
Find out more about using your ID card to access buildings and use Bear Bucks on and off campus.
Student ID Cards
Find out more about using your ID card and Bear Bucks to eat, unwind, and live on campus.
Read about the requirements, policies, and procedures pertaining to background checks.