All new faculty-staff members eventually come through our office to pick up their new WashU ID Card. Here are some helpful resources we have compiled for you to get started the right way. Please defer to your nearest human resources representative for further details.

Get processed

You should work with your HR representative to process your I-9 with WashU.

Double record issue

Please notify your human resources representative if you have ever been a part-time/full-time students, faculty, staff, or contractor of WashU in the past. This notification allows them to check if an account associated with your identity still exists within the WashU system.

If your old account is not identified, a redundant is often created, causing a multitude of technical issues that will ultimately delay your ability to receive a WashU ID Card, card access, and a Bear Bucks account.

Your WashU ID Card

Please visit the Campus Card Services office in the Ann W. Olin, Women’s Building, Suite 002 on the lower level. Bring a valid government photo ID card. In-person you will take an ID portrait and receive your freshly printed card within 5-10 minutes depending on demand. As a faculty or staff member, your WashU ID Card will read “Faculty/Staff.”

Requesting Card Access

While Campus Card Services prints your WashU ID Card, we CANNOT add your access to doors, buildings, labs, and office suites. Your human resources representative should request the card access you need by emailing

Transit Pass & Parking Information

While Campus Card Services prints your WashU ID Card, we do NOT coordinate transit passes or card or parking permits. Please see the Office of Parking & Transportation.

Faculty Printing


Bear Bucks for Faculty/Staff