Washington University in St. Louis employees can obtain an ID card from Card Services, located in Women’s Building, Rm. 002.  Campus Card Services is available MondayFriday, 8:30 a.m.3:00 p.m. Employees can bring in a damaged ID card to exchange for a new card at no cost but there is a $10 fee to replace a lost ID card. Another photo ID is required to obtain your first ID card or replace a lost card.

Adding Bear Bucks

Faculty and Staff may add Bear Bucks to their account via HRMS. Employees may add (through the charge feature and points) a maximum of $400.00 per pay period through HRMS. Additional funds can be added and paid with a credit or debit card through the GET feature.

Part-time employees, retirees, and WU affiliates need to visit Campus Card Services with cash or check if they wish to deposit Bear Bucks to their ID’s. Depending on your employment status with Washington University, you may be able to add funds through get.cbord.com/wuds with a credit or a debit card.

Manage your Bear Bucks account

Faculty and Staff can enroll and manage their Bear Bucks account online through HRMS Self Service. Follow thses simple stems to enroll or manage your account:

  1. Select Employee Self Service from the menu
  2. Select Personal Information
  3. Select Campus Interaction
  4. Select Bear Bucks Account
  5. Authorize a single payroll deduction, set up a charge feature or do both

Using an ID Card

The Faculty and Staff Bear Bucks Account includes  the benefit of purchasing food and beverages, exempt from sales tax, in dining locations on campus.

Purchases with your WUSTL ID Card are tax exempt at the following locations:

  • Danforth Campus dining locations
  • North Campus & West Campus Cafés
  • 3 Medical School locations

Purchases with your WUSTL ID card are taxable at the following locations:

  • Campus businesses
  • Select off-campus businesses
  • More than 70 vending machines

Using Single Payroll Deduction (Declining balance)

  • Points are purchased and held on account to be used at the time of purchase.
  • Purchased points do not expire. Points are non-refundable and non-transferable.
  • You may add points by payroll deduction through the HRMS website.
  • Points are immediately placed on account for use. Your payroll deduction will be posted at the end of the pay period.
  • When a declining balance is depleted, purchases may be made with cash. (Cash purchases are subject to sales tax.)

Using the charge feature

  • A personal spending limit is established by the employee. The personal spending limit is a self-determined limit on spending for each pay period.
  • When a charge feature has been activated, points are tallied against your personal spending limit.
  • Each pay period, charged purchases are totaled and billed through payroll deduction.
  • No charges can be incurred beyond your personal spending limit.
  • Personal spending limits are reset each pay period. They may only be adjusted by the employee. Changes may take place with the next pay period.
  • You may change your personal spending limit through the HRMS website.

Using both declining balance and the charge feature

  • When a purchase is made, points are deducted first from the available declining balance.
  • If no points are available from the declining balance, points are tallied against the available personal spending limit.
  • When no points are available in the declining balance, and the personal spending limit has been reached for that pay period, the remaining purchase must be made with cash. (Cash purchases are subject to sales tax.)

Payroll Scheduling

Authorized payroll deductions are tallied and forwarded to the Payroll Department on a regular, predictable schedule. For employees paid on a biweekly schedule, this deduction occurs every 14 days. All spending during this time is tallied and submitted on the Tuesday prior to the last day of the pay period. For those paid on a monthly schedule, this deduction is submitted to payroll on the 15th of each month.

Access your account on-line via HRMS Self Service.

Need a Department Bear Bucks Card?