Washington University in St. Louis employees can obtain an ID card from Campus Card Services, located in the Women’s Building, Suite 002. Campus Card Services is open MondayFriday, 8:30 a.m.4:00 p.m. Employees can bring in a damaged ID card to exchange for a new card at no cost, but there is a $10 fee to replace a lost ID card. Another photo ID is required to obtain your first ID card or replace a lost card.

Adding Bear Bucks

Faculty and staff may add Bear Bucks to their account here. Employees may add (through the charge feature and points) a maximum of $400 per pay period. Additional funds can be added and paid for with a credit or debit card through GET.

Part-time employees, retirees, and WashU affiliates need to visit Campus Card Services with cash, a check, or a credit or debit card if they wish to deposit money for Bear Bucks on their ID. Depending on your employment status with Washington University, you may be able to add funds through get.cbord.com/wuds with a credit or debit card.

Using an ID Card

Bear Bucks permit faculty and staff to purchase food and beverages exempt from sales tax at dining locations on campus. Purchases of food and beverages with your WashU ID card are tax-exempt at Danforth Campus, West Campus, North Campus, and School of Medicine dining locations. Purchases are taxable at campus businesses, select off-campus businesses, and on-campus vending machines.

Using Single Payroll Deduction (Declining Balance)

  • Points are purchased and held in the account to be used at the time of purchase.
  • Purchased points do not expire. Points are non-refundable and non-transferable.
  • You may add points by payroll deduction here.
  • Points are immediately placed in the account for use. Your payroll deduction will be posted at the end of the pay period.
  • When a declining balance is depleted, purchases may be made with cash. Cash purchases are subject to sales tax.

Using the Charge Feature

  • The employee establishes a personal spending limit, which is a self-determined limit on spending for each pay period.
  • When a charge feature has been activated, points are tallied against your personal spending limit.
  • Each pay period, charged purchases are totaled and billed through payroll deduction.
  • No charges can be incurred beyond your personal spending limit.
  • Personal spending limits are reset each pay period. They may only be adjusted by the employee. Changes may take place with the next pay period.
  • You may change your personal spending limit here.

Using Both Declining Balance and the Charge Feature

  • When a purchase is made, points are deducted first from the available declining balance.
  • If no points are available from the declining balance, points are tallied against the available personal spending limit.
  • When no points are available in the declining balance and the personal spending limit has been reached for that pay period, the remaining purchase must be made with cash. Cash purchases are subject to sales tax.

Payroll Scheduling

Authorized payroll deductions are tallied and forwarded to the Payroll Services Office on a regular schedule. For employees paid on a biweekly schedule, this deduction occurs every 14 days. All spending during this time is tallied and submitted on the Tuesday prior to the last day of the pay period. For employees paid on a monthly schedule, this deduction is submitted to the Payroll Services Office on the 15th of each month.

Access your account online here.

Need a Bear Bucks department card?