In July, First-Year Students must complete steps to receive their WashU ID Card, gaining them access to campus buildings, housing, their Meal Plan, Bear Bucks account, and more.
If all steps below are completed, First-Year Students will receive their new WashU ID Card with full access from Residential Life along with the room cards during First-Year Orientation.
Complete Personal Information
Go to WebStac, sign in through your WUSTL account
Verify that all information is correct on your User Profile. Under University policy, if you prefer to be identified by another first name other than your Name of Record, you may enter an alternative name under Preferred Name.
Your Preferred Name takes precedence, and will be displayed on your WashU ID Card instead of your First Name of Record.
Submit a Portrait of Yourself
Your WashU ID displays a photo of yourself. This photo can be taken by yourself or by an another person, but must abide by certain photo standards listed below. Once you have a chosen a picture, you can submit it to our office through the form below.
Card Portrait Specification Policies & Standards
- Color photo
- Full face or front view
- Plain white or off-white background
- Image from top of head to top of shoulders (please have a shirt on)
- Cardholder must be the only person in the picture
- All hats or headgear should be removed for the photo except hats or head coverings worn for religious purposes
- No item or attire should cover or otherwise obscure any part of the face or cast a shadow on the face
- There should be no reflections from the eyeglasses that obscure the eyes
- Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless needed for medical reasons
- Photos must not be retouched to alter the cardholder’s appearance in any way
Activating your Bear Bucks Account
Click the link below to learn more about your Bear Bucks account.
Bear Bucks accounts for new-incoming students are not yet ready for activation. This means that new students will not yet be able to add money to their accounts. As we approach Fall move-in, this information will change. Stay tuned for more updates from our office, Residential Life, and the First Year Center.
FAQs for First-Year Students
If you submit your photo to us, we can make your card ready to be provided to you at First-Year Orientation.
Follow the directions provided to you by the First Year Center during Move-In.
Then an ID cannot be provided to you at First-Year Orientation, you will not have access to any campus building, you will not be able to get food on-campus, or verify your identity to campus officials.
Please submit your ID Portrait to us during the month of July or early August at the latest. Do this ASAP! This will save you and our office lots of trouble.