The Bear Bucks account is an account accessed through the WUSTL ID Card or other assigned official university card. It is administered by Washington University Campus Card Services. Terms are subject to change.
Bear Bucks Terms & Conditions
Maintenance of account
- Once an account is established, a patron will continue to have an account as long as they remain a student or are employed by the university.
- Funds placed on an account roll over from semester to semester and year to year.
- No minimum balance is required to maintain an account.
- A maximum of $2,000 is allowed on an account at any given time.
Use of the account
- Funds placed in the Bear Bucks account may be used for laundry, vending purchases at selected locations, at most WUSTL Libraries print stations and printing in school computing labs.
- On-campus businesses include WUSTL Campus Store, Bear Necessities, Edison Theatre, The 560 Music Center, select Student Union group functions, Congress of the South 40 activities, Wash-U-Wash and Wydown Water and the Office of International Students & Scholars.
- WUSTL-operated dining locations also accept campus card. For a complete list visit Using Your Bear Bucks.
- Undergraduate students may only use their Bear Bucks to make purchases from Dining Services when their undergraduate meal plan has been exhausted.
- Undergraduate meal plan points may not be transferred to the Bear Bucks account.
- Bear Bucks may not be used to purchase pre-paid credit cards at any location. Bear Bucks may not be used to purchase any type of gift card at Barnes & Noble.
Daily Spending Limits
- $30 for laundry and vending
- $50 at the Office of International Students and Scholars and for printing in the school computing labs and libraries
- $100 for all dining locations and all Congress of the South 40 activities
- $250 for Paws-N-Go, Ibby’s, all Student Union Businesses and Wydown Water
- $300 for Bear Necessities, Edison Theatre and The 560 Music Center
- $800 for Wash-U-Wash
- $2,000 for the WUSTL Campus Store
Closing the account
Bear Bucks are non-transferable and non refundable.
- Students: Graduation or other permanent separation
- When a student graduates or permanently separates from the university, the account will be closed and any remaining balance will be forfeited.
- Students: Temporary separation
- When a student goes abroad, the account remains open.
- Employee: Retirement, termination, or voluntary separation
- Remaining balances will be forfeited.
Extension of student account beyond graduation or separation
An extension of a student account beyond enrollment may be requested for students who are transitioning from an undergraduate to a graduate program, stepping out for a semester, completing a post-graduate course or are involved in an unpaid on-campus internship. Notice must be submitted to Campus Card Services via an email to email@example.com prior to the end of the semester or departure from campus.
The Bear Bucks account may be deactivated or reactivated at any time through WebSTAC (for students) or HRMS (for employees). The account may also be deactivated by calling (314) 935-8800 or 1-855-935-8800 during regular business hours. The university may, in its sole discretion, deactivate a Bear Bucks account if the university determines that the account holder has violated these Terms & Conditions or has otherwise abused the Bear Bucks Program.