- Look under Bear Bucks & Billing
- Select Enroll in Bear Bucks
- Click Enroll
Bear Bucks are a 1-to-1 exchange for US dollars. Fees may apply if you are loading funds from a credit card. To avoid any extra fee, bill your Student Account.Add Funds
You can use unlimited funds during your time of affiliation with WashU, either as a student, faculty/staff member, or contractor. Although, your account can only hold $2,000 at once.
You can read more in our Terms of Service.
For on-campus purchases, Bear Bucks are non-taxable unlike paying with cash or a credit card. This saves you about 9% per every on-campus transaction.See Merchants
Unfortunately Bear Bucks, once loaded onto an account, are completely non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Once an account is established, a patron will continue to have an account as long as the patron remains a student or is employed by the university.
- Funds placed on an account roll over from semester to semester and year to year.
- No minimum balance is required to maintain an account.
- A maximum of $2,000 is allowed on an account at any given time.
- $30 for laundry and vending
- $50 for the Office for International Students and Scholars and printing in University Libraries and school computing labs
- $100 for all dining locations and all Congress of the South 40 activities
- $250 for Paws & Go Market, Ibby’s, all Student Union businesses
- $300 for Bear Necessities, Edison Theatre, and the 560 Music Center
- $800 for Wash-U-Wash
- $2,000 for the Danforth Campus Bookstore
- When a student graduates or permanently separates from the university, the account will be closed, and any remaining balance will be forfeited.
- If an employee retires, is terminated, or voluntarily separates from the University, the remaining balance in the account will be forfeited.
- An extension of a student account beyond enrollment may be requested for students who are transitioning from an undergraduate to a graduate program, stepping out for a semester, completing a postgraduate course, or are involved in an unpaid on-campus internship.
- The Bear Bucks account may be deactivated or reactivated at any time. The account may also be deactivated by calling 314-935-8800 during Campus Card Services business hours. The university may, at its discretion, deactivate a Bear Bucks account if the university determines that the account holder has violated these Terms & Conditions or has otherwise abused the Bear Bucks program.