- Points are purchased and held in the account to be used at the time of purchase.
- Purchased points do not expire. Points are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Points are immediately placed in the account for use. Your payroll deduction will be posted at the end of the pay period.
- When a declining balance is depleted, purchases may be made with cash. Cash purchases are subject to sales tax.
- The employee establishes a personal spending limit, which is a self-determined limit on spending for each pay period.
- When a charge feature has been activated, points are tallied against your personal spending limit.
- Each pay period, charged purchases are totaled and billed through payroll deduction.
- No charges can be incurred beyond your personal spending limit.
- Personal spending limits are reset each pay period. They may only be adjusted by the employee. Changes may take place with the next pay period.
- When a purchase is made, points are deducted first from the available declining balance.
- If no points are available from the declining balance, points are tallied against the available personal spending limit.
- When no points are available in the declining balance and the personal spending limit has been reached for that pay period, the remaining purchase must be made with cash. Cash purchases are subject to sales tax.
Bear Bucks are a 1-to-1 exchange for US dollars. Fees may apply if you are loading funds from a credit card. To avoid any extra fee, bill your Student Account.Add Funds
For on-campus purchases, Bear Bucks are non-taxable unlike paying with cash or a credit card. This saves you about 9% per every on-campus transaction.See Merchants
Unfortunately Bear Bucks, once loaded onto an account, are completely non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Once an account is established, a patron will continue to have an account as long as the patron remains a student or is employed by the university.
- Funds placed on an account roll over from semester to semester and year to year.
- No minimum balance is required to maintain an account.
- A maximum of $2,000 is allowed on an account at any given time.
- $30 for laundry and vending
- $50 for the Office for International Students and Scholars and printing in University Libraries and school computing labs
- $100 for all dining locations and all Congress of the South 40 activities
- $250 for Paws & Go Market, Ibby’s, all Student Union businesses
- $300 for Bear Necessities, Edison Theatre, and the 560 Music Center
- $800 for Wash-U-Wash
- $2,000 for the Danforth Campus Bookstore
- When a student graduates or permanently separates from the university, the account will be closed, and any remaining balance will be forfeited.
- If an employee retires, is terminated, or voluntarily separates from the University, the remaining balance in the account will be forfeited.
- An extension of a student account beyond enrollment may be requested for students who are transitioning from an undergraduate to a graduate program, stepping out for a semester, completing a postgraduate course, or are involved in an unpaid on-campus internship.
- The Bear Bucks account may be deactivated or reactivated at any time. The account may also be deactivated by calling 314-935-8800 during Campus Card Services business hours. The university may, at its discretion, deactivate a Bear Bucks account if the university determines that the account holder has violated these Terms & Conditions or has otherwise abused the Bear Bucks program.