DUE TO COVID-19, CAMPUS CARD SERVICES WILL NOT BE OFFERING IN PERSON BACKGROUND CHECKS.
Students, please click here to initiate your background check order.
** On-Campus Fingerprinting IS NOT BEING OFFERED THIS SEMESTER**
To schedule a fingerprint appointment please call Campus Card Services at (314)935-8800.
Appointments are required for service.
Background checks can be completed between the hours of
8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Below are resources to assist WashU faculty and staff in completing background checks. More information about requirements, policies, and procedures related to background checks is available from Campus Card Services and the Human Resources website.
- Program Directors/Leaders must complete an “Youth Protection Application” at least six weeks prior to the program in order to begin the background check process. If this application is not completed at least 6 weeks prior to the program, campus card Service can not guarantee completion of all required background checks.
- Once the application is submitted to Campus Card Services, the Program Director/Leader will be emailed with further instructions regarding background checks and online training.
- Refer all legal adults that are working your program to the “Criminal Background Check Instructions” as well as the “Human Resources Training” instructions below.
- Please review the Youth Protection Policy for more information.
Criminal Background Check Instructions
Criminal Background Checks (done at a MACHS fingerprinting location) must be completed no later than 10 business days prior to the first date of check-in.
1. You must go to www.machs.mshp.dps.mo.gov to register for your background check.
2. Select “Click Here to Access the MACHS Fingerprint Search Portal”.
3. Select “Click Here to Register with MACHS”.
4. Enter the 4 digit Registration Number of 5764 – Click OK.
5. Under the Requesting Entity/Type of Search, please answer “Is this search being conducted for a position as a volunteer?”
6. Enter your complete demographic information and click Register.
7. “Your Registration is not Complete.” – Click Continue Registration.
8. Read the information and Complete Registration.
9. Select Correct.
10. Register for Digital Fingerprinting Services.
11. Enter your zip code as requested and choose:
- ‘Walk-in’ (located above the list of locations) if you are coming to Campus Card Services (CCS) to have your fingerprints taken. Call CCS – (314) 935-8800 to schedule an appointment.
- Select a location convenient for you if you plan to have your fingerprints taken off-campus or out-of-state.
12. Print a copy of your completed registration and bring it with a valid state or federal issued photo ID to your fingerprinting appointment.
13. Print and complete the MoVECHS Waiver Agreement and Statement form as well as the Noncriminal Justice Applicant’s Privacy Rights & Privacy Act Statement and bring them to your appointment. Off-campus and out-of-state fingerprint individuals need to mail these two forms to:
- Campus Card Services
1 Brookings Drive
Washington University in St. Louis
St. Louis, MO 63130
14. Complete online course “Keeping Our Children Safe” (PDF).
Human Resources Training
Find instructions for taking the online training course titled “Keeping Our Children Safe” (PDF) here.