** On-Campus Fingerprinting**
To schedule a fingerprint appointment please call IDEMIA toll free at (844)543-9712
Please call Campus Card Services before you come to our office for fingerprinting. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. (314)935-8800
Below are resources to assist faculty and staff of Washington University in St. Louis complete background checks. More information about requirements, policies, and procedures related to background checks is available from Campus Card Services and the Human Resources website.
- Program Directors/Leaders must complete an “Application to Host Minors on Campus” at least six weeks prior to the program in order to begin the background check process. The application can be found on the right side of this website.
- Once the application is submitted to Campus Card Services, the Program Director/Leader will be emailed with further instructions regarding background checks and online training.
- Refer all adults that are working your program to the “Criminal Background Check Instructions” as well as the “Human Resources Training” instructions below.
- Please review the Youth Protection Policy for more information.
Criminal Background Check Instructions
Criminal Background Checks (done at a MACHS fingerprinting location) must be completed no later than 10 business days prior to the first date of check-in.
1. You must go to www.machs.mshp.dps.mo.gov to register for your background check.
2. Select “Click Here to Access the MACHS Fingerprint Search Portal”
3. Select “Click Here to Register with MACHS”.
4. Enter the 4 digit Registration Number of 5764.
5. Under the Requesting Entity/Type of Search, please answer “Is this search being conducted for a position as a volunteer?”
6. Enter your complete demographic information and click Register.
7. “Your Registration is not Complete.” Note your Transaction Control Number (TCN) for future reference and Complete Registration.
8. Complete Registration.
10. Register for Digital Fingerprinting Services.
11. If you have a “coupon code” from your Program Director, you will not need to bring a check, money order or credit card to your appointment.
12. Find a location and call to schedule an appointment. You must bring a valid state or federal issued photo ID to your fingerprinting appointment.
13. Print and Complete the MoVECHS Waiver Agreement and Statement form as well as the Noncriminal Justice Applicant’s Privacy Rights & Privacy Act Statement
14. Mail to the following address:
Campus Card Services
1 Brookings Drive
Washington University in St. Louis
St. Louis, MO 63130
15. Complete online course “Keeping Our Children Safe” (PDF).
Human Resources Training
Instructions for taking the online training course titled “Keeping Our Children Safe” (PDF).